Friday, February 23, 2007
Since I am departing Anthem (Phoenix), Arizona on the 24th of February, I realized I should get my schedule a little more firm. The below schedule is, of course, tentative but is as accurate as I can make it now.
My purpose for this part of my adventure is to attend the Submarine Refit Site 1 Holy Loch, Scotland Reunion which is scheduled for 17 - 20 May to be held in Branson, Missouri.
- 24 February - Depart Anthem (Phoenix), Arizona enroute to Roswell, New Mexico.
- 25th of February I should arrive Roswell, New Mexico. I plan to stay in the Roswell area for two weeks and depart on or about 10 March. While here I plan to visit the UFO tourist destinations in Roswell and the Carlsbad Caverns in nearby Carlsbad.
- 10 March. I will arrive in my next lay over which will be in the San Antonio, Texas area probably in Bourne, Texas. I will be here for about two weeks. My main tourist visits will be the Alamo and the San Antonio River Walk among others. I plan to depart on the 24th of March.
- 24th of March I will arrive in the Houston, Texas area. I plan on staying two weeks in nearby Livingston, Texas. While there my main objective is to visit the Houston Space Center. I love all things about Manned Space Travel and want to see as much as I can. In 1988 I visited Cape Canaveral and the Kennedy Space Center. I had a great time so expect to do the same at the Houston Space Center.
- I will be departing Livingston (Houston area) on 7 April. Please note that beyond this my schedule does get a little vague.
- 7 April I plan to arrive in Louisiana where I have allotted two weeks to visit. I have not yet decided just where I will be while in Louisiana. I should have more information as I get closer. With the aftermath of the Katrina Hurricane, information on what is available for RV Parks etc is not very reliable so I will need to be able to take a closer look at what is available.
- 21 April I plan to arrive somewhere in Arkansas and stay two weeks. Here again I won't be able to provide any more detailed information until I get a little closer to this date.
- 5 May I will be arriving in Branson, Missouri in advance of the Submarine Refit Site 1 Holy Loch, Scotland Reunion which is scheduled for 17 - 20 May. My general plan is to stay here for a month. Branson has a ton of things to see for a traveling tourist such as I.
Once I depart Branson, Missouri I will be making my way back toward Boise Idaho. I will discuss this leg of the adventure in future postings.
This Travel Diary Entry Viewed 8,337 Times