Thursday, February 8, 2007
My travel plans for the rest of the year are summarized here:
- Depart Phoenix, Arizona on or about 24 February.
- Head in an easterly direction.
- My first stop is to stay about a week in the area of Tombstone, Arizona
- Then head on into New Mexico and stay a couple of weeks in the area of Carlsbad and or Roswell, New Mexico.
- From here it starts getting a little vague but I will probably follow Interstate 10 east through San Antonio, Houston, then into Livingston, Texas where I plan to stay about a month. Then head on into Louisiana.
- It will be a little vague in Louisiana because I am not sure what services (RV Parks etc) have been restored since hurricane Katrina.
- I then am going to start heading north into Mississippi and Arkansas. Not sure where I will be visiting there yet but will be able to fine tune my schedule more closely in a month or two.
- I plan to end up in Branson Missouri on or about 10 May for a Reunion I will be attending. I plan to remain in Branson for about a month.
The whole purpose of my easterly excursion is to attend the Site 1, Holy Loch, Scotland Association Reunion to be held in Branson Missouri 17 - 20 May 2007.
- Then I will begin heading back west in late May or early June.
- I will probably go by way of Kansas into Colorado. My plan now is to spend the summer somewhere in the Colorado Rockies probably North of Denver somewhere. I have some friends I want to spend some time with in the Denver area so will probably spend several weeks in that area.
- Then in the late summer I plan to head North to Jackson Hole, Wyoming then into eastern Idaho and arrive back in Boise, Idaho sometime in September of 2007.
- I have not decided for sure, but I may very well end up spending the winter in Boise. I want to stay put long enough to get to know my granddaughter Ellery better. She is getting old enough to want to spend more time with her so she can get to know me as well.
- Then in the Spring of 2008 I will have an all new adventure to begin.
- 2008 TBA.
As my schedule firms up I will be updating my schedule on the web site so check back every so often to see what new adventures I am up to.
In just a few days from writing this plan things may already be changing. It appears that the signups for the Holy Loch, Scotland Reunion in Branson is going slowly and is behind what is needed. It hasn't been decided yet but if the sigups don't start picking up the reunion may be canceled. If it is canceled I will be making some major changes to my travel plans. Stay tuned for any developments.
This Travel Diary Entry Viewed 6,313 Times