Adventure Day : 7
Date Arrived: 7 November 2003
Date Departed: 14 November 2003
Hub Area: Reno, Nevada
Actual Location: City : Carson City State : Nevada
Summary Title : Carson City, Nevada Visit Summary
Summary : Arrived in the Reno, Nevada Homeport (actual location Carson City, Nevada). The downside for being in the Reno area this time of the year is the cold weather. The upside is the tourist attractions are not terribly crowded. But still too crowded for me.
Here are some of the places I visited while I was in Carson City:
- Virginia City (Nevada Gambling Museum and the Mark Twain Musuem etc.)
- Lake Tahoe (Wow! What a beautiful place!)
- Sparks, Nevada where I visited the World's 8th Best Truck Stop (The Alamo Travel Center) as ordained by the Discovery Travel Channel. This distinction is mainly because it has a casino.
- Also in Sparks I went to another Truck Stop, Sierra Sid's, which is famous for it's Elvis Gun collection.
- The Nevada Historical Society Museum.
I was in Carson City for just a week. I had to depart the area sooner than I would have liked, but since I got such a late start this year the weather was quickly turning cold. I will make an effort to spend more time on a future visit. I saw while I was there that the area has a lot of potential for spending more time visiting more attractions and scenic sites.
Ray Plumlee's Rating : 4 Stars out of 5.
Keywords Used in This Entry : Carson City, Nevada, Virginia City, Nevada Gambling Museum, Mark Twain Musuem, Lake Tahoe, Sparks, Nevada, World's 8th Best Truck Stop, The Alamo Travel Center, Discovery Travel Channel, casino, Sierra Sid's, Elvis Gun collection, The Nevada Historical Society Museum